“AW Design Studio helped us immensely in “seeing” our new house plans in 3-D. Using CAD, Annilee was able to bring the flat architect drawings “to life” so to speak. We could suddenly see the depths and heights of each room and the relationship of each room to another. We could “walk” down a hall or through the den or kitchen and look left and right, and up and down. It was a transformative experience!”
You want your home to reflect who you are and who you hope to be. You want to be surrounded by your cherished memories and build on your accomplishments.
You want to save yourself time, money and stress by making great design choices.
You want to avoid costly mistakes.
You want a beautiful home.
I believe a home tells your story, and will be part of your ongoing story. It’s a connection to your past, where you can imagine your future; a safe place for retreat, and your headquarters for planning your life. Your home grows with you, and becomes an extension of yourself. Home is where you bring your new born babies, gather with your family and friends for holidays, where you make and cherish memories.
Home is a magical feeling of belonging to the moment, and to each other, and celebrating every day.
I believe good design will improve the way you live in your home. It’s about making your life more wonderful through beauty, form, and function.
My goal is to craft beautiful and functional spaces that inspire people as they live, work, and play. I will create a personal and timeless home for you.
I know the perfect home for you will transform your life.
I’m a Texas Registered Interior Designer and old house enthusiast. I live just outside of Dallas Texas, in a vintage Cape Cod cottage in the woods. I love to restore & renovate old houses, design new homes, and add character to new homes through architectural detail and decor. Inspired by beautifully restored and perfectly maintained historic places, I love fixer uppers and new homes.
I’m a born-and-raised, 5th generation Texan. Because my father is a (retired) Air Force pilot, we lived in rural England for a time. Even though I was a young child when we lived over seas, the experience greatly influenced my life. I know my time there ingrained my love for traditional and vernacular design.
In my 20 years of experience, I have been an art teacher, floral designer, visual merchandiser, graphic designer, movie set decorator, and for the last 18 years, an interior designer. During this time I have developed a deep appreciation for authenticity in design. I love harmony, balance & tradition layered with modern function, color and personality. In addition to interiors, I design new homes from the ground up in various traditional styles with modern floor plans.
I’ve had a lifelong love of all things creative and artistic. My passion for vintage started in college when I discovered my first vintage clothing shop. I soon discovered antique architecture and furnishings while working on my first movie, which was set in the 1920’s.
When I’m not designing houses, you can find me fixing up my own vintage cottage, shopping at vintage shops and antique markets, or visiting historic places.
- Interior Design Degree from Texas State University in San Marcos
- Fine Arts Degree from The University of Texas at Austin
- Texas Board of Architectural Examiners Registered Interior Designer 10613 since 2007
- Professional Member of The American Institute of Building Design
- NCIDQ Certified
- Background Checked & Fingerprinted by TBAE
- 12 Hours yearly training in Health, Safety & Welfare for design & construction
- Decorating Buyer for Film & Television Sets: My IMDB
- Over 30 Historic home renovations & reconstructions approved by Texas Landmark Commission
- Original new build Historic Reconstruction home featured in The Fairmount Tour of Homes 2014
- International E-Design clients from the USA, UK, Europe, Africa & Asia
- Board Member & Vice Chair of the Wylie City Council Historic Review Commission 2014-2016
- Board Member & Chair of the Renovation Committee for Historic Stonehaven 2017
- Contributing writer for CircaOldHouses.com