What does a Designer do?
“Designers have an artist’s aesthetic sensibility, an engineer’s attention to detail and code compliance, and a business executive’s focus on the bottom line.”
What To Expect
- I will review the desired scope, budget, and schedule to reach an understanding of the requirements.
- I will create a plan of action for you.
- I will field measure and document existing conditions as required.
- I will assist you in determining what, if any, additional consulting services are required.
- I will work with you to plan your project, select needed items, & purchase designer items.
- I will coordinate with Contractor to ensure design is executed as planned.
Planning: I work with you to plan all aspects of your custom home or remodel. This can be as a consultation, E-Design, full services design, or a customized hybrid service.
- Space Planning
- Site Planning
- Floor Plans
Selections: I work with you to select any or all of the finishes, fixtures, equipment & furnishings.
- Paint Colors & Wallpaper
- Wall Texture
- Ceiling Treatments
- Furniture & Lighting
- Window Treatments
Purchasing: I purchase all specialty and decorative items, finish plumbing fixtures & decorative electrical fixtures & window treatments. Any items selected through my designer sources must be purchased through me. Items are delivered to the job site for the contractors to install. Finish Building materials can be selected from the contractor’s vendors, and purchased by the contractor. Rough building materials are always purchased by the contractors.
- Faucets & Shower Heads
- Cabinet & Door Hardware
- Designer Tile & Wallpaper
- Pendant Lights, Chandeliers & Lamps
- Blinds, Curtains & Drapery
Drawings: I draft all architectural plans, and create 3d rendered models for visualization. These can be conceptual, or fully developed for permits and construction. All documents are sent as printable PDFs.
- Site Plan
- Floor Plans
- Furniture Plans
During Construction: I will coordinate with the contractors to ensure that the design plan is being followed. I will visit the site as needed or requested, and at project milestones.
Photography: I willphotograph project during all stages, including when project is complete. Photographs will be used for business purposes, including, but not limited to: marketing, press, online publications, social media, advertising, and print.
- All work and communication will be done during regular business hours. Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm CST. No US or UK holidays.
- All information exchange will be done via email in order to keep a proper record of information.
- Texting to be very limited, during business hours only.
I DO NOT provide:
- Floor systems
- Joist loads
- Rafter loads
- Wind loads
- Framing & Bracing
- Roofs, trusses
- Mechanical or HVAC, etc.
- Permit Applications
- Certified county plat
- Geological Reports
- Energy compliance (Res Check)
- General Contracting Services
- Management of Contractors
- Inspection of Contractor’s Work
- Plans & Document Printing