What do YOU DO?
As a Certified Professional Building Designer, and Registered Interior Designer, I am an Independent Professional Service Provider. I work with directly clients remotely from my home studio.
I work with home owners to design custom homes, kitchens and baths. I provide design plans and material suggestions that can be taken to the contractors of your choice and implement on your own. I no longer offer decorating services at this time.
All designers will have their own processes and systems, based on their education, training and experience. The following is my process, in general, and does represent common industry practices.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- I will review the desired scope, budget, and schedule to reach an understanding of the requirements and provide an estimated cost for my services.
- I will assist you in determining what, if any, additional consulting services are required.
- I will work with you to visualize and/or design your project
visualization & design
I can work with you to visualize and/or design your custom home, Kitchen or Bath renovation
- Space Planning
- Site Planning
- Floor Plans
I draft all architectural plans, and create 3d rendered models for visualization. These can be conceptual,
or developed for permits and construction. (Depending on your local requirements and needs.) All documents are sent as printable PDFs.
- Site Plan
- Floor Plans
- Furniture Plans
Working with Contractors
I only work directly the client. We work together through the design phase to create the initial plans for bidding. The client then takes those plans to the builders of their choice for pricing. After selecting their builder, and determining the budget, I will make any needed revisions to the plan. Next the plans go to the structural engineer, and any other professionals that are required. At this point I can coordinate with the builder to clarify design intent, or facilitate changes needed due to engineering, site conditions, etc. The builder will take all of the final plans for permitting. Material selections are then made and construction can begin.
I do not provide construction management or administration. I can be reached by email to answer questions or clarify design intent.
My plans and renderings will show suggested colors and finishes. I can assist with selections upon request.
- All work and communication will be done during regular business hours only. Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm CST. No US or UK holidays.
- All information exchange will be done via email in order to keep a proper record of information.
- I do not accept texts, Direct Messages, What’s App, or any Social Media Messaging.
- Phone or Zoom calls must be scheduled no less than 24 hours in advance.
Photography & Renderings
I will photograph (or request that you photograph) the project during all stages, including when project is complete. Photographs & Renderings will be used for
business purposes, including, but not limited to: marketing, press, online publications, social media, advertising, and print. Your personal information will never be shared unless expressly agreed upon.
I DO NOT provide
- Engineering or Engineered drawings
- Floor systems
- Joist loads
- Rafter loads
- Wind loads
- Framing & Bracing
- Roofs, trusses
- Mechanical or HVAC, etc.
- Permit Applications
- Certified county plat
- Geological Reports
- Energy compliance (Res Check)
- General Contracting Services
- Management of Contractors
- Inspection of Contractor’s Work
- Document Printing
Decorating & Purchasing
I no longer offer decorating or purchasing services. For some projects, I may provide online affiliate shopping links.